St Ninian's and St Andrew's URC
We are located at Chanterlands Avenue, Hull HU5 4DJ
St. Ninian's and St. Andrew's considers itself a church that is open to exploration of faith. The members hope to build on our proud history of our non-conformist forebears by being a church where honest questions receive honest answers. We are also proud to be the only Church in the area who perform same sex marriages.
We worship at 9.30 on Sundays and our service is traditional. We also run a fortnightly Ladies Circle (Monday at 8pm), weekly Toddler's group (Tuesday morning) and a weekly Knit, Natter & Crochet group (Wednesday afternoon).
- Monday in St. Andrew’s hall (SAH) – Karate 6.00 pm - 8.00 pm. Suitable for children & adults. Meets throughout the year.
- Tuesday in SAH – Tea and Toys 9.30am to 11.30 am. Suitable for mums and child minders along with their children. Term time only.
- Wednesday in the Avenues Community Room (ACR) – 1.30 pm to 3.30 pm – Knit, natter and crochet group.
- Wednesday in SAH – 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm Rainbows. Term time only.
- 7.00 pm to 8.15 pm Brownies. Term time only.
- Thursday in ACR – 1.15 pm to 3.15 pm Creative writing group. (Most Thursdays, term time only.)
- Thursday in SAH - 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm Beavers. Term time only.
- Thursday in SAH - 6.15 pm to 7.45 pm Cubs. Term time only.
- Thursday in SAH - 7.30 pm to 9.00 pm Scouts. Term time only.
- Friday – 3rd Friday in the month in ACR. Trefoil Guild 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm.
In addition to these, the Rainbow nursery, which meets every weekday during term time and is available to 2-4 year olds, has exclusive use of St Ninian's Hall .
Our weekly Bible Studies are held at Peter‘s House (124 Westbourne Avenue):
Tuesday afternoons at 2.00pm.
The Ladies Circle usually meets once twice a month on Monday evenings at 8pm. More details in the church's Newsletter!
The Ladies Circle are a very friendly group, so if you fancy coming along to join us, please do, you will find a very warm Welcome!
Knit, Natter and Crochet Group
This happy and friendly group meets every Wednesday from 1.30pm to 3.30pm. During the early part of the summer, the group donated rainbow blankets, hats and cardigans to The Health Tree Foundation at Scunthorpe Hospital and also sent some mug cosies to the Warmth Campaign organised by Age UK (Hull).
- Hull URC Team Ministry